How to Save a Wet Cell Phone


I have posted this once before, but being as my daughter took my phone and threw at her brother while he was taking a bath, yesterday I thought I would repost it.

This post has nothing to do with coupons, but it could save you money. I have a daughter who loves my cell phone. Unfortunately, she loves "eating" my cell phone too. On several occasions I will catch her sucking on my phone and inevitably it starts acting up and I know my phone is moments away from dying. After taking it to the store the first 3 times this happened and having to pay the $50 deductible, I started researching ways to fix it myself.

I came across one trick that stuck out;

1) Once your phone is wet, immediately take the battery out

2) Get a bowl of uncooked rice and submerge both the battery and the phone

3) Let the phone sit in a bowl of Rice overnight

4) Put your phone back together in the morning and Voila!!

I have used this technique the last two times my daughter has gotten a hold of my phone and IT WORKS!!!!

You might as well give it a try before spending the $50 right?

Obviously this technique did not work this time as it was completely submerged for a period of time before we could get it out, but it has worked on several occasions in the past!

Comments