Dillons Coupon Policy Update!


I received an email last night from Dillons Communication Coordinator and wanted to share it with all of you.


"You may have heard that Kroger is no longer doubling coupons.   This is impacting the Houston Kroger Stores, only.  GREAT NEWS – Our Dillons and Gerbes locations in Kansas and Missouri will CONTINUE TO DOUBLE COUPONS… just like always!"
 
"However we are in the process of changing in our ability to stack ecoupons and manufacturer coupons, at the request of our vendors and manufacturers.  Since the electronic and paper coupons both count as manufacturer coupons, we can no longer combine the two.  Ecoupons will always scan first with the Plus Card, which would prevent the use of paper coupons."

I guess if give the option between doubled coupons or stacking ecoupons and manufacturers coupons, I would definitely rather the coupons double.  So while I'm sad to see the stacking option go; I'm very happy Dillons will still be doubling coupons.
What are your thoughts?

Comments

  1. Yes, I'm bummed about the no-stacking option... but super GRATEFUL that Dillons is still doubling. IMO they are the most coupon-friendly store around here! Thanks for the update and reassurance!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought we were getting through with a technical loophole when stacking. The eCoupon would always say it couldn't be combined and the paper one would say that but it just worked.

    When I heard the doubling was going away I assumed that was a similar situation because most coupons say "NO DOUBLING" or something anyways. So I'm glad that is sticking.

    I'm also glad my Dillons pulled its head from its arse and stopped trying to tell me my printed coupons had to be in color. Now if they could just stock a decent cheese selection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts:

    This means--if I have an e-coupon worth 50 and a paper coupon worth 50 I need to delete the e-coupon before going to the store because e-coupons don't double. :( That'll be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junkie,
    yes, if you have both and the paper coupon is of higher value, then I would delete the ecoupon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will probably just stop using ecoupons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will also stop using Dillon's ecoupons because they would cancel out my paper coupon & don't double. That makes me very disappointed. Also, it is important to remember that while Dillon's doubles, it doubles only up to a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I deleted all my ecoupons and only load them if I don't have a better paper option. It's odd that a system that saves them time and money doesn't have an incentive to encourage its use over the paper coupons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment