Fun & Frugal Easter


While I've already got my kids' Easter Baskets filled (mostly with FREE items), I'd like to know what you all do to help make Easter fun and memorable for your kids, while still staying on budget.

Our plan for Easter will go something like this. . . .

Wake up and find a message from the Easter Bunny telling us about a secret Hunt for our Baskets.  Clue after clue, we'll come closer to finding our treasure (baskets).

I found some adorable clues online and will use them; along with images, since my little ones can't read yet.  Each clue will be inside an egg at a secret location.  This is the first year we're doing this and I can't wait to see how the kids react.

Eat Breakfast

I would absolutely LOVE to see my kids' faces when they saw this Bunny pancake on their plate for breakfast!


However, I'm not sure mine would come out looking quite as great, this Easter Egg Pancake looks more my style.  :)


Then we'll head outside for our Easter Egg Hunt! 



I am loving the idea of using spare change to fill eggs.  I've also heard of stickers, tattoos, and silly bands; these are all wonderful ideas, but last year a friend of mine put Cheerios inside her sons eggs and I thought it was brilliant.  Much better than candy and it's something that most people already have on hand.




Then we'll get ready for Church and lunch with family.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to color eggs, bake cookies, and maybe do one of these fun crafts below.


How cute are these Paper Plate Bunnies?  I think my kids would have a blast making these!




And check out these adorable Peep's Nests made by Crystal! 

Directions:
1/2 C butter
3 C mini marshmallows
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp green food color (or to desired shade)
4 C corn flakes

1. Melt butter on low-med heat, then add marshmallows.
2. When the mixture is smooth, add food coloring and extracts.
3. Allow the next mixture to cool a bit, then arrange in small piles on waxed paper in nest like shapes.
4. Add a small pile of jellybeans in the center & a marshmallow peep on the edge of the nest.

However you choose to spend your Easter, I hop (pun intended) that you are surrounded by those you love and cherish.

HOPPY EASTER!!!

Comments