Ecoupon Vs. Paper Coupon


I recently received the email below and wanted to know how the rest of you felt about e-coupons.


"I have a question for you. I hear that Dillons e-coupons loaded on the card will cause your paper coupons to not double, is this true? Is it beneficial to use the loaded coupons if they cannot be stacked?"

Dillons has actually changed their coupon policy; they no longer allow you to use both a paper coupon and e-coupon on the same product.  Meaning you can use either an e-coupon loaded onto your Dillons plus card or a manufacturers paper coupon.  With that being said, if you already have the e-coupon loaded onto you Dillons plus card, it will automatically be deducted, therefore not allowing you to use the paper coupon.

I have heard of some shoppers, who still use ecoupons, but delete the ecoupon before their shopping trip if they have a paper coupon that will make a better deal.  I think if you absolutely want the best deal than this is going to be your best bet.

I personally have, for the most part, stopped using e-coupons.  While deleting the ecoupons may work for some, I have found for me and my shopping habits, that this system just doesn't work.

I have chosen to use mostly paper coupons, because it seems to give me the most bang for my buck; since paper coupons will double and e-coupons will not. 

Now don't get me wrong; I love coupons and I love saving money, but I also must make decisions about my time and how it is spent.  As most of you know, couponing takes time out of your life and I try my very best to have it take as little time as possible, so that I may spend that time with my family.

So if I miss out on a couple bucks, because of ecoupons, but get to spend an extra 10 minutes with my family; I'm ok with that.

I think everyone needs to do what's best for them; whether you choose to use both, one or the other, or none at all.

So, what is it that you have chosen to do?

Image Source

Comments

  1. If the ecoupons are $1.00 or more I will download it to my card if not I will use a paper coupon. Do not like the fact that you can't use both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ecoupons can be useful in stores that don't take regular coupons like Sam's Club, so it's worthwhile to check. http://freecouponsforgroceries.us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment