Clean a Ceiling Fan with a Pillow Case

I'm a little ashamed to even post this; however I was so excited to find this little trick on pinterest that I just had to share. 
To be honest I'm not even sure when we last cleaned the ceiling fan in our living room.  The problem is you have to get a ladder out and then the dust goes everywhere and umm. . . we just hadn't gotten around to it.

Well insert a little pinterest inspiration.  I saw an idea; use a pillowcase to clean your ceiling fan; no fuss no muss.  I was sold.
(The before picture)

Please don't judge, I know, gross right? 

(During picture)
Simply put a pillowcase over one blade (while the fan is turned off).  Then using both hands slowly slide the pillowcase to the end of the blade; causing all of the dust to fall into the pillowcase rather than on your floor, coffee table, furniture etc.
(The after picture)

Voila!  Then just throw your pillow case in the washer and your done. So super simple and the whole process took me two minutes! 

Comments